Sun, 27 Apr 2003
What if school were like a really bad job?
- the work is boring
- the job itself has no relationship to your skillset.
- the task switches hourly even if you weren't finished.
- you aren't getting paid anything.
- if you don't buy the company's product, they take your house away.
- you can't go to the bathroom when you want.
- if you try to quit, the police come looking for you.
- you have to take your vacation when the boss dictates
- if you call in sick, the boss thinks you're malingering.
- you're still responsible for the work even though you were sick.
- the co-workers are nasty, spiteful and sexist.
- there are no mentors -- everyone is the same age.
- the only place to store your belongings is a tiny locker.
- some workplaces require you to haul your stuff all day long.
- employees go berserk and kill their teachers and co-workers.
- you have to play games on the same team with people you hate.
Update: Sarah Fitz-Claridge agrees with me
Posted [00:28] [Filed in:
[Google for the title
] [digg this